Thursday

Thankful Thursday: March 5th

Welcome to THURSDAY, one & all.



Today's Thankful Thursday post is brought to you by



PUFFS PLUS tissues





I have started in on box #1. I usually go through about 6. I'm in love with Puffs Plus (the kind with the lotion infused into the tissue: truly amazing).


Side Note: I wish babies were born with an automatic nose-blowing function.



SO, as I am thankful for soft and nice-to-my-nose-tissue, my thankful thursday thoughts today are actually in regards to My Mr. H.


You know, when you are dating your future spouse, there are things you think you know about them...but later (when you are married and you really get to know one another) you find out the truth.


Honestly, if you would have asked me when we were dating "is Mr. H a thrifty kind of guy?"


I would probably have smiled, chuckled, and responded with something like: "Not so much."


There were several things that gave me that impression--but, boy was I wrong!



After his morning jog, the guy 1) cut his own hair, 2) offered to learn how to wax my eyebrows (after I came home from getting them waxed for $10), 3) rode his money-saving scooter to campus (70 mpg?), and 4) changed Baby J's diaper*.



All of that within an hour.




He does --and is supportive of--so many things** to help save money, it has been a wonderful surprise to learn and benefit from his frugal choices. I love my money-saving Mr. H




*Ok, so #4 has nothing to do with thriftiness, but I'm still super grateful for it!
**Including no cable tv, driving the most uncool -looking car ever, & encouraging my new interest in homemade goodness (babyfood, laundry detergent, bread, etc)
What wonderful surprises have you discovered about your loved ones?

3 comments:

It's Me - Jen E! said...

Dan does cut his own hair. He has offered to cut mine and the kids but I decline...and I would have to draw the line at the home-based eyebrow wax. Dan is a great cook and can whip up anything when the fridge is at a low point of food volume. He is also, in general, a better thrift shopper than me (food wise)....though I have great luck at thrift clothes stores.

*Side note: Will LOVES blowing his nose and we actually have to keep tissues out of his reach because he will take them to 'blow' his nose constantly!

Anonymous said...

isn't it crazy we're still learning just who our eternal companions are?!!

something my hubs did yesterday that was frugal: changed the oil in the van himself.

Linda said...

WHATTTTTTTTT? you don't think the Justy is a COOL LOOKING CAR? hmmph.
I think its decidely CUTE at least.
Spencer and I are eating oatmeal this week ...dry cereal goes so fast and mostly its just him doggedly eating a bowl once a day. The 3 cereal containers are empty! For good oatmeal, we add cinnamon,a bit o sugar, vanilla, and a pinch of salt, and cook it on low power in the microwave WITH the microwave anti-splash on top. Needed. There was some non-dairy creamer in the cabinet so I threw some of that in too. Powdered milk might be yummy. Anyway. We are feeling warm and healthy and cheap. I like slow oatmeal , not quick. It still just takes about 6 minutes on half power ( so as not to become a towering inferno)