Tuesday

The End of A Decade

I just kissed Mr. H for the last time as a twenty-something...
and then I hugged him and thanked him for being a part of the last 10 years of my life.

We met when I was 19 1/2--so really he has been around some how or other for all of my 20's...
I wonder if he'll still like me in my 30's?

What is it about 30 that is so...intimidating?

If I stay up all night tonight can I stay 29 forever?

Hmmm...

In the meantime, I have to say I've come a long way baby-- from the beginning these fabulous 20's. I guess if I hadn't it would have been a waste of a decade, eh?

When I turned 20 I was living in the beehive state, twirling through weekly crushes and changing majors like they were dirty shirts.

Now I am living in the badger state, twirling through weekly to-do lists and changing dirty diapers.

HA.

A long way indeed.

I've loved the adventures & excitement of the last decade--crushes, classes, decisions, challenges, moves, friends, heartbreaks, changes, a mission, an engagement, marriage, home ownership, goal setting, losses, blessings, miracles, pregnancy, baby, graduations, moving, new friends, new adventures...

It's been a fast & furious ride--

And you know what?

The 30's are going to be AWESOME.

Bring it on, 3-0!


4 comments:

It's Me - Jen E! said...

The 30's are AWESOME. I have enjoyed them...though this year I fully embark on the second half of the 30's (36) and I am not so sure I like being closer to 40 than to 30 anymore....hhhmmmm....might have to give myself a few of your pep talks to get through that one!
Hope your birthday is one of the best ever. Happy Celebrating!!!

Shannon said...

Awesome recap. :) Happy 30th!!

Linda said...

Yeah, Jen...I am quite enjoying 54, but ...when I am 56 and closer to 60 than to 50 that will be the WIERDEST THING. I get you. ( 40 is great Jen, I will tell you that straight up! ) Isn't age just ...so crazy though? Can't believe my baby girl is 30.

Jolie said...

Great post! Very clever. I am ((slowly)) learning to embrace my 30's. At first I wasn't excited about it at all, but, hey. What can you do?! With age comes more wisdom and I intend on savoring each year of life that God gives me, so bring it on!!!
Happy (belated now) Birthday Trevor!