Thursday

Thankful Thursday: July 1, 2010

Ok
hold up!

July 1st?

As in...the first day of July-the-year-is-halfway-over-and-I'm-going-to-be-giving-birth-in-about-5-weeks-JULY??

All I can say is, I have no idea how this happened.

Ok, I know how we came to expect our second child--I just don't know how this year has taken on speedy delivery status. Seriously.

Ok, as speedy as the days are flying, I have to admit I am officially in a PMF.

*Post
Moving
Funk*

You know...

-your stuff is out, but it's not all organized *exactly* the way you want it.

-your decor is on the walls, but not every wall has been given it's due attention.

-your closet is full but not set up in any kind of systematic way

-our husband's job is demanding most all of his time (day and evening) and your honey-do list grows about every minute

-your toddler is figuring out the best ways to manipulate the buttons and un-toddler-proofed areas

-you're feeling a bit sorry for yourself to have made a move in the middle of the summer with no friends yet and just weeks away from meeting your second child

-you cry while reading a bedtime story and try to remember if the last move was this emotionally crazy??

*sigh*

I can't remember if I felt this way last time. I certainly don't remember it if it was.

However, I do know the speediest way to work on re-aligning the stars in my heart:

Counting Blessings!

Here's my top 10 this morning:

1. My amazing & patient husband (who has to watch from the side lines as I moodily work through this PMF)

2. My adorable & easy-going (most of the time) toddler who makes me smile even when I feel like crying

3. A stress-free pregnancy (34 weeks + 3 days now!)

4. A house to make our home (at least for a year--we found out last week the owner is planning on selling next year...)

5. A midwives group and doula who will work with me to (hopefully) make my VBAC dreams come true

6. 2 working cars, and 1 ordered company car on its way

7. A paycheck to sustain us (although some serious budgeting is in order, thank-you-very-much expensive Chicago suburbs!)

8. Blue skies and breezes--and an invite to a playgroup this morning!

9. The gift of prayer. Family prayer, personal prayer, minute-by-minute heart-prayers...all of it. I can't imagine getting through challenges without the connection.

10. Last but definitely most important: a loving, caring Father in Heaven who knows my concerns, worries, confusing moments, and wants most of all for me to figure it out by relying on Him and His love.

And I can do this!


Welcome to July, what blessings are you counting?

6 comments:

It's Me - Jen E! said...

My new blessings:
- our new home filled with lots of possibilities.
- meeting new neighbors (hopefully soon to be new friends)
- 2 wonderful boys that are eager to share a room.
- Wonderful parents that are helping to make this weekend's move go as smoothly as possible (either in the form of physically helping us move or watching our curious 2 year old)
- My sister, who has been a huge help with the kids and is pitching in a hand this weekend as well.
- Knowing that someone up above is watching us during this new chapter of our lives.

Anonymous said...

i'm praying that PMF is outta there in no time. you are amazing and things will settle down soon. hopefully getting out with other moms on that playgroup invite will work wonders! wish i was there to help ya out. i hate, hate, hate that you're having a hard time :(

Linda said...

You always manage to get there...to peace and gratitude! amazing daughter-o-mine ( how lucky AM I???!)

Olive said...

I'm thankful for the friendship I have with my daughters. Such beautiful, wonderful women they grew up to be. And I enjoy their friendship and companionship so very much! Thank You, Lord, for blessings beyond anything I could have imagined!!!

Shannon said...

It'll get better soon! Just think, at least you moved right before having the baby instead of right after! Can you imagine nursing/recovery/hormones etc. right after? Yikes. :)

Emily said...

I am excited for your changes! At least you have a year to settle in and enjoy this time. What great news that Trevor can do a lot of work from home. I will be praying that you can have the birth experience you dream of!