Thursday

Thankful Thursday: Jan 15th

This afternoon, in order to curb my desire to make and devour a 9x13 pan of chocolate brownies, I ate a morsel of chocolate goodness instead.

Dove's Promises.

They provide the perfect bite of chocolate to stave off those afternoon chocolate cravings. Which I am having. Daily. As I am trying to eat healthier as apart of my *ReDEFINE in 2009* plan.

Anyway, an added bonus in every tasty chocolatey treat (I mean, in the single one that I ate this afternoon) is that there is a written message--or "promise"--inside the foil wrapping. It adds to the fabulousness of the already-delicious splurge.

Really, who wouldn't love to find a secret message inside the wrapper of their chocolate indulgence?

My chocolate-wrapper message for today is: "Take a moment to appreciate others."

So, my Thankful Thursday thoughts fall on *others*.

Which others?

All of them.

I appreciate the post-lady who delivers our mail (and sometimes delivers to our door when there is a package larger than our metal box).
I appreciate the Mr. J Blue who helped me finish my application for a short-term medical insurance coverage plan--which insurance card arrived in the mail today (yay for insurance!).
I appreciate my sweet Mr. H who got the mail (and also cleaned the house, made a big pot of chili, and changed diapers this morning).
I appreciate whomever invented facebook so I could get in touch today with some long-lost friends.
I appreciate my dear friend JJ for helping me clean up after the 'lunch bunch' met at my house today.
I appreciate Baby J sleeping in this morning (well, of course he slept in--he woke up & was fed at 4:30am--not. normal.) so I could sleep in, too.
I appreciate Mr. S (our landlord) for providing this place with important appliances (washer, dryer, dishwasher) that are being used right now.
I appreciate my mother for mothering me so that I could have an excellent foundation for my own daily mothering adventures.

I appreciate so many more, these are just a few from my afternoon, who are the 'others' that you appreciate today?

5 comments:

It's Me - Jen E! said...

There are several people I appreciate everyday - but for TODAY - I appreciate my Mom....who, for part of her birthday day, spent time with me to help take care of a sick baby.

Linda said...

I really really appreciate you for appreciating me, which is something you will appreciate even more as you move along in mothering. And I appreciate the kind of mother you are to my grandbabyboyj. You da bomb of a mom.

JosephJ said...

I appreciate Mom for appreciating Shara for appreciating Mom, for one. :)

And I appreciate Thomas Edison, because winters are so much better with electric lights and phonographs (and their related technologies).

Linda said...

And I appreciate Joseph for appreciating Mom for appreciating Shara for appreciating Mom. Appreciation is such a great word!

I appreciate some helpful machines, too. I appreciate my soymilk making machine and I appreciate the wheat grinder, because grinding that fast is just OH-so-nice ( compared to a handheld rock on a slightly hollowed out flat rock, for example!)

Anonymous said...

Shara, I love this! I only like the Dove Promises for the message inside. Sometimes they are really, really insightful.

I'm grateful for your positive attitude!