Thursday

Thankful Thursday: Feb 12th

Today my thankful blogging heart is feelin' the love.

You know, just two more days until Valentine's day...as I'm sure you've been reminded by those sparkling-shiny reds and pinks that have been flashing in front of your eyes ever since the Christmas section was dismantled at your local has-it-all store.

Even though there is a side of me that is convinced the 'holiday' is just another plot to: 1)turn nothing into something, 2) spend our hard-earned cash on useless trinkets and soon-to-die florals, and 3) create a higher-than-necessary expectation of gift giving/receiving than I'm sure Saint Valentine himself could never have imagined...

...there is also the gushy, girlie, secretly-loving-pink side of me (I didn't start openly liking the color pink until age 24) that loves the romance of a day to celebrate, honor, share, and express feelings of LOVE to those special someones in our lives.

And, the truth is--usually the pro-Valentine side of me wins when the 14th rolls around and I'm excited for an excuse to go out on a date, think of creative gift-giving, and think about why my Valentine is the best one of all.

I'll give you 5 awesome reasons why mine is the best...

1. He made me his Mrs--which makes him my Eternal Valentine.

2. The first thing he said to me after our first kiss (7 years ago)was: "You have no idea how long I've wanted to kiss you!"

3. He does it all: laundry, dusts, vacuums, changes diapers, wakes up to the crying babe (when I don't hear a thing), washes dishes, irons clothes, cleans bathrooms, makes beds, etc. Seriously. Wow.

4. He compliments my accomplishments & skills in front of others--he is proud of me & reminds me of how great he thinks I am.

5. Yesterday he made reservations at a fancy restaurant in town for our first real date in 8 months.

...now, why is your Valentine the best one of all?

5 comments:

It's Me - Jen E! said...

Oh - I would love a date night! And it doesn't even have to be Valentines Day - any day will do....but trying to find a sitter for 3 kids is a bit rough. So, instead, we are taking the kids out tomorrow night for a "Night before Valentine - Valentine treat" And that's fine with me....but I seriously have to work on the date night thing....

Sharalea said...

Your night before Valentine-Valentine's treat sounds awesome! We are switching nights with some friends of ours. THey're going to watch Jackson tomorrow night & we're going to watch their toddler on Sat night.

It's a win-win: date night & no babysitting fees!

Good luck with your date night plan--before long your Ari will be a perfect candidate for babysitter!! :)

Anonymous said...

Are you describing MY husband?!

Linda said...

cause he is YOUR dad!

LMS said...

you already know what Amy and I think of Trevor. He's won top awards in our book many times...