Tuesday

Splitter Splatter

It's raining today.

Pouring, swiftly falling
I can hear the drops bounce off something metal
on the roof?
Splitter, splatter

And I love it.

Rainy days make me smile...they remind me of treasured memories associated with falling rain.

Here are a few I have been thinking about today:

  • playing outside in the rain (as long as there was no thunder/lightning, we were allowed)
  • camping in the rain (seemed like every year at YW camp it rained, & camping in AZ with cousins)
  • singing in the rain (oh yes, it's true)
  • listening to the rain (there aren't many things better than napping to the symphony of a rain storm)
  • kissing in the rain (need I say more?)
  • serving in the rain (missionary work in northern Portugal, I think I went through 10 umbrellas my first winter)
  • Disneyworld in the rain (my first & only Disneyworld experience...so far...)
  • running in the rain (my brief stint as a track star..)
  • watching for rainbows in the rain

What about you?

Do you like the rain? Do you have any favorite rain-filled memories?

5 comments:

It's Me - Jen E! said...

Camping in our trailer in the rain is fun. It sounds like you are in a deep fryer the way the rain bounces off of the roof. Though it's not much fun if someone forgets to close one of the roof vents (especially the one in our room of the trailer - directly over our bed....yuck!)

JosephJ said...

Most recently "Shoveling four inches of slush" in the rain. We went "rowing in the rain" a couple years back down the Charles river for the July 4th Celebration in Boston. That memory will last. I've forgiven Britain of it's rain, so I won't bring that up.

I like to hike in the rain (with a waterproof layer) just to hear the drops ricochet off layers of leaves.

And lastly, didn't my favorite sister have a pseudonym called "Sinai Rain" at one point?

Linda said...

um, that was Sinai Woods. But close and all very earthy and natural.

jennie b said...

Washing my hair in the run-off from the cabin roof at summer camp.

Having the front hallway flooded from the torrents of rain in my first apartment with Jason.

Camping many times, many places, in the rain

The sound of it any time I'm in bed, anywhere, any year, ever.

LMS said...

Rain reminds me of sitting on your roof in Tullahoma in the summer time and eating peaches from a can.

I have alot of memories of us and playing in the rain. Funny. Never realized that until you mentioned it.