Wednesday

5 things I learned yesterday

1. I can conquer the world now that I have a dry erase board* in my house.



2. Fels Naptha (see first laundry detergent recipe) can be CUT with a knife instead of grated with a cheese grater. (I also learned earlier this week that they DO sell it at the Kroger here in town. YAY!)

Cutting the soap shaves off tons of time in the prep (haha, get it?), turning this recipe into a time efficient winner! Make your own in MINUTES! Just cut...
...then blend in a processor...and TA-DA. All done! All you have to do now is mix with the other ingredients.
3. Grinding wheat is way more fun than it was when I was a teenager.
(I think I hated the cleanup part)
4. I can make my very own wheat bread from scratch...without a mixer!**

5. If you mix mashed peas with mashed bananas, the almost-9-month-old will eat them up!
(This was Mr. H's clever idea!)


*A purchase I made this week to assist in my new morning ritual: teaching seminary (Church youth studying scriptures from 6:30-7:20 every morning before school) in our home.
**To those of you who have been baking bread from scratch for years--I applaud you. I am just now awakening to my inner homemaker. Any tips, ideas, recipes are welcome!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, awaking your inner homemaker AND teaching EARLY MORNING SEMINARY!
wow. And I like the food processor plan for the soap. I like the idea of it being a powder. Someone said cover your processor with a kitchen towel if you are getting any soap cloud. YOUR BREAD LOOKS AWESOME!

janae said...

You teach early morning seminary?? Nuh-uh! Wow. That has got to be challenging. At least you can do it at your house!

Amanda said...

WOW, so you are a seminary teacher now?? That must be exciting and very difficult at the same time! Good luck! And I am in the market for a wheat grinder. Do you have your own? And I also have been making homemade wheat bread, but I applaud you, because I just use my Kitchen Aid. But I do have a great recipe if you have a mixer.

Chavonne and her people said...

Ok Shara now you have inspired me!!! I am going to try the laudry soap and make the bread BUT I don't have your recipe! I would love to have it if you have the time.

Sharalea said...

I know, it's crazy I'm teaching seminary!! I'm excited about it, though, and have amazing youth to greet me each morning!

Ok:
Amanda: I don't have my own electric wheat grinder yet. I used my friend's. Hers was a BlendTec. Also, I don't have a mixer, but it's on my list of items to buy whenever Trevor is gainfully employed. :)

Chavonne: I am so glad you are going to try the soap recipe! I think you'll love it, I'd love to hear how it goes for you! :) I made the bread at Janice's house & used her recipe but don't have my own copy yet. It was from 'all recipe' website & included oats. Also it was cut in 1/2? When I get it from her, I'll either post it or send it your way!