Thursday

Thankful Thursday: March 26th

Happy Thursday One & All!

Today's Thankful Thursday post is brought to you by:

The most maple-y delicious one-cookie-is-a-full-serving treat in the world.


Maple Leaf Creme Cookies from....
....
....
....
....

....
....
....
The Dollar Tree.

That's right.
For the super-low price of $1 you can buy 16 leaf-shaped cookies filled with creamy-maple-goodness (who cares about the 1600 total calories...).
So, throw all caution to the wind, hit up your local Dollar Tree for some of these tasty treats. Be prepared, though. They will deceive you into believing you can *eat as many as you want*.
_________________________________________________
Ok, now that we have those extra calories on our hips, let's move on.

Today I am thankful for sleeping.
I realized last night what a blessing it is to be able to sleep well & fall asleep easily.
While I do not think I have ever fallen asleep the very second I hit my pillow (yes, we're looking at you, Mr. H), or while laughing (cue: sweet Baby J) --and I definitely have had my share of restless nights (yes, I'm talking to you: prednisone, pregnancy, and punk-neighbors)--overall, I can sleep just about anytime, anywhere.
My heart rejoices when the opportunity for a nap arises and I relish the days that offer extra time to sleep in. I am also thankful for a baby that --for the most part--is an excellent sleeper. He is sleeping right now, actually.
The point is, I have always enjoyed a pretty great sleeping experience, and I really do love my sleepy time.
*I got 5 hours of sleep last night because I stayed up late and then got up early to teach seminary...I'll likely make up for it later today with a nap...and for THIS I am GRATEFUL*
The real point is that through a conversation last night I became very aware of how much of a blessing this is for me (and all others who also enjoy easy sleep).
No doubt I will have sleep disturbances come along --future children, future neighbors, future challenges, future distractions & stress--but for now, I am thankful for the ease of sleep as it stands today.
And I am sending warm, cozy, comfortable, soothing, dreamy wishes to all of you who may not enjoy the same sleepy schedule. I wish for you good naps & good nights.
So...What are your sleeping patterns like?
Are you also thankful for sleepy time?

4 comments:

It's Me - Jen E! said...

I do enjoy a good nights sleep AND I do look forward to sleeping in on the weekends (which basically means anytime past 5:30; which is my usual wake-up during the work/school week). BUT - I have to admit, that I feel guilty about sleeping in or taking a weekend nap when I know there are so many things I could be productive at...it's really an unfortunate dilemna to have.

Linda said...

I have some times when I can't sleep well, but now I am in a good place with that. It helped to add memory foam mattress on top of the waterbed. Wish we had done it sooner!
It also helped to get through the whole change-o-life thing. Mostly.
If I am awake, I can just get up and read, then hope to get a nap. Your dad seems to be able to fall asleep before 29 seconds have passed. Amazing. I had lots of insomnia while pregnant with Joseph...read lots of big books...
Thankfully you were a napper so I could recoup sleep after lunch day! I don't expect to sleep straight through the night, its been a long time since those days. College?

Linda said...

...and those cookies really ARE amazing. We opened ours today! ( and they won't be here when you come on Tuesday, sadly, oh so sadly. )

Stephanie said...

Carlos seems to fall asleep almost immediately as well, while it usually takes me at least 10 minutes. But after I fall asleep, I usually stay asleep, unless George wakes during the night, which is happening less frequently. So yes, i am thankful for sleepy time.