Wednesday

10 statements to sum up the last week or so...facebook status style

1. The last semester of grad school feels like it will take forever (at least from this wife's perspective).



2. Planning and going on trips is the only way to make above-referenced time go faster. (Also a good way to avoid thinking about an out-of-state move)



3. One man's dropped peanut becomes a baby's chew toy (and causes the Mama's blood pressure to go up)



4. When do you have to stop saying "baby" and replace it with "toddler"?? Or can he always be the baby??



5. Girl time should never be sacrificed...it's the only time we can get real compliments on our hair, swap "that is exactly how I feel" stories, and find answers to all the world's most pressing questions.



6. Butter + fresh dill + cooked carrots = a delicious veggie treat



7. I am still waiting for the *wealthy* part of the 'early to bed, early to rise' promise. Or maybe that's because I'm just doing the 'early to rise' part...



8. If people start to ask "are you growing your bangs out?" (when you are not growing them out), you should probably start thinking about a trim.



9. I'm completely fascinated with Fox's new show, "Lie To Me"...and appreciate that it is on hulu.



10. The law of inevitable spendage: If I take my wallet into TJMaxx (subsitute shopping heaven of your choice), I will always end up finding "some great deal" and walk out having spent $.

5 comments:

janae said...

Agreed on the last semester of grad school!!! And on the trips, too. I've gotten pretty good at the trips thing. :) Calling your baby a baby will wear off on it's own, you don't ever have to do it purposefully. Either you'll have another one and then they become the baby, or else your babe just gets so capable that 'baby' doesn't seem to fit. That said, I don't think a kid is a true toddler until 18-24 months. Even if the toddle before then. :)

It's Me - Jen E! said...

Will is and (for obvious reasons) will always be the baby. I sometimes find myself even calling him 'the baby' when I am talking to others. Duh - he has a name.....but sometimes his name is 'the baby'. He has even started saying 'baby' and it is the most adorable thing EVER!

Anonymous said...

my kids (even my 5-year old) are referred to as babies, or monsters. i don't think half the people at church know cameron's name. he's "the baby."

and, i went to kroger looking for fels naptha soap for a friend that was in the coupon class. she got the recipe from your blog and wanted to try it out. bummer, i couldn't find it for her!

Carter's Mommy said...

I love Lie to Me. It's definitely making me watch people's movements/expressions more to see if I can find their tells.

Anonymous said...

you're not thankful this week?