Friday

Thankful Thursday: On Friday April 17th

When I asked Trevor what day it was today, he said "the 17th, the day the phone bill is due."



Funny how our days are marked and remembered by the dates of our bills.



AND funny how fast my week flies by when I have 3 lunches with friends, one mid-week meeting at Church, four early mornings with scripture-studying teenagers, and two days in Lexington with a my dear friend Cecilia.



I should have posted my Thankful post EARLY, but since I didn't...here it is: late.

This week I feel like I have been *slightly* bombarded by a distinct theme...
__________________________________
I watched a car accident happen on Monday.
On Tuesday I watched a funeral procession make their solemn way down the parkway.
I found out a dear friend's husband passed away Wednesday night.
My parents were very involved with a funeral on Thursday (my Dad 'preached' the funeral).
And today when I got home from my 2 day trip to Lexington, I found the email in my inbox with the funeral details for my friend's husband.
__________________________________

I feel grateful for safe travels this week, and that Mr. Monday was ok after his hydroplaning accident.

I feel reverence for the Tuesday families and friends who were driving in a heart-heavy line and said many small prayers on their behalf.

I feel Thankful to have seen our friends on Saturday, which gives extra peace in my heart, to have been acquainted with such an inspiring man before he was welcomed back Home on Wednesday.

I feel comforted to know (as my Dad talked about at the funeral on Thursday) that because of the Great Plan of Happiness that God has given to us, we can be reunited with family and friends after this mortal life.

Today I feel a combination of these--grateful, reverent, thankful, comforted, and heavy-hearted as I ponder *LIFE* and its inevitable challenges and losses.

My heart is full. Heavy. And prayerful.

No comments: