Friday

Thankful Thursday: May 14th

Today my heart is SO FULL of Thanks

to Mother Earth & the Rains she loves so much

(which, of course, means I'm thankful to our Heavenly Father, Mother Earth's boss)

I have checked weather.com a bazillion times....several times a day...for the last WEEK--every time there was predicted RAIN.

Morning Rain. Afternoon Rain. Night Rain.

50% chance one day
80% chance another
60% chance the next


All for today: May 14th.



We had a family photo shoot planned w/a photog friend in the morning (not such a great rainy-morning activity, I tell you what)...and a PARTY planned for the evening (happy graduation, happy early birthday to Baby J who is 11 mo. old today!!) with all of Mr. H's family and several friends---too many to squeeze into our small house if it rained...just enough to hang out under our carport with glowing lights and Hawaiian tunes...



Ok. So let me review: forcasters said "rain.rain.rain.".


I had tons of outside plans.

Prayerful heart.

Guess what??



IT WAS PERFECT.

The morning photos had a backdrop of overcast skies (ummm...perfecto!), and the evening party* was accompanied by freshly cut grass and cool breezes!!!!!!!

AMAZING. It's true, my friends. Prayers are answered.

Seriously, I spent a good 30 minutes in Thankful Pose last night before I fell asleep. I am so grateful that the day worked out so beautifully! 

My thankful heart is happy AND full of cupcakes & ice cream cake!



*will be posting party pics as soon as i get a chance on the fam blog

No comments: