Wednesday

Recommended intake of words...

I find myself eating my words alot lately...



You see, as I am 'growing up'...I am realizing all of those "I will never" declarations that I defended so passionately as a teen/early twenty-er...well, I AM DOING those I WILL/WOULD NEVERS.




Exhibit A:

I used to say: "Why would any person need more than two purses?? That's just silly. All I need is one black one and one brown one (to coordinate basic colors)...

(and here's the kicker)

...I will never have a 'purse collection'!"

And then I would top off the conversation with a labeling statement like "I'm not the type of girl to..."


Pictured below is the box I just packed with all of my handbags, purses, clutches, etc (not including backpacks, travelling bags, or diaper bags):


*shudder*
I am 'that girl' that I was sure I would never be.
Go ahead, laugh with me.
It's hilarious.
Want to guess how many purses/bags that are stuffed inside this box??
**Winner gets a prize!**
In related packing updates, here is our guest room closet...almost completely full! We've packed over 50 boxes now!
One last thing.

As we are going through, sorting, de-cluttering (the only warm fuzzy part of packing...decluttering!!)...there are certain things I come across and wonder what kind of category to place an item in (we are trying to categorize EVERYTHING so the next moves go smoothly as well), and how to store these items for every day use.
Here is my question for you,
On a regular-every-day basis, where do you keep these???

We have been keeping them in random places, I finally gathered all of them together & now would like to know what the best course of action is.
Any ideas??

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm guessing 18 purses..

as for the buttons, honestly, i store them in an empty, cleaned-out baby food jar along w/ all my homeschooling supplies. we use them for art projects and such.

i love how organized your packing is. good for you! that's a fantastic idea. how exactly are you coding them? if i ever move again (i hope never to) i'm coming to you for advice!

Emily said...

I was also going to suggest putting them in a jar and maybe displaying them. (They look kinda pretty.)

janae said...

13

Good luck with packing. I feel for ya!

Linda said...

a sewing box/container?

Sharalea said...

thanks for all of the good lucks, ideas, and guesses! unfortunately, no one got close to the bag #...

jennie b said...

So how many are there?? I'm curious to know! Maybe 28?

And I keep my buttons in a little ceramic dish my grandmother made. Any cool, decorative jar would work. I loved my mom's button jar and would count the buttons, sort them by size, color, etc.

Linda said...

I love buttons. Except for the fact you may actually NEED them as replacements ( because they sure don't seem to sew them on very good lately! )...its fun to gluegun them on to a cool picture frame. But I would fight that impulse in order to have them available.