Thursday

Thankful Thursday: May 21st

THANKFUL THURSDAY
ON THURSDAY.

Clever, I know.

I'm thankful today for so many people.

People who have
  • given us delicious dinners, breakfasts, treats, and snacks
  • hosted heartwarming farewells
  • shared parting words of hope and love
  • offered to help out as we work on packing up the mounds of STUFF that we own
  • watched Baby J so we could maximize the efficiency of Project Pack
  • graciously given time & gifts
  • hugged me tight for the last 'goodbye'...or...'see ya later'

You know who you are.

And if you've ever made a BIG MOVE, you might remember some of those people at your last *home* or the one before last...or the first move you ever made.

I remember my very first move. I was in 7th grade. One of the most awkward social years of my life, but in the end it was a great change for my family & I. At the beginning I passionately protested--even though it was just a jump from one town to the next.

This move is much bigger. 11 hours difference and I don't have my pre-teen self to blame all the awkwardness of moving & starting over.

Moving could be compared to growing pains, I guess. Dreaded, difficult, painful...in the end you are a new person--a re-invention takes place.

I am thankful today for the people making the growing pains less awkward and more liveable.

1 comment:

jennie b said...

I'm sure happy for that dreaded 7th grade move. :)