Thursday

Thankful Thursday: August 20th

*SIGH*

Well, my friends...yesterdays craziness is gone and today is here and I am so thankful for it!

Today I am thankful that I usually get wayyyy MORE sleep than I did last night.
Usually: 8-10 hrs per night (special thanks to J)
Last night: sporadic sleeping every 2 hours adding up to ...maybe...6 hrs? (worth it, though: out-of-towners arrived at 5am!)

I am also thankful today for FUNNY PEOPLE.

You know, people you make you laugh...and who do it with style.

These are just a FEW people in my life who make (or have made) me laugh:

  • Mark Kunkel (my childhood friend's Dad--he called me "Shoo-wa" and made the funniest faces to us girlies!)
  • My Granddaddy (he always hid M&Ms in his pocket and made my little girl self laugh with joy)
  • 4th (?) grade teacher (she was sarcastic. I thought it was hilarious)
  • Family Friday Night Favorites: "Perfect Strangers", "Family Matters", "Cosby Show"
  • Friends in my drama class in high school (laugh.out.loud.--before that became an acronym)
  • Sayra (one of my freshman roomies at BYU)
  • Courtney (hilarious. still is. roommate sophomore year...also one of the main reasons Mr. H & I became friends)
  • Chad (one of Mr. H's college roommates...totally randomly hilarious, Mr. H & I still refer to some of his antics)
  • Mr. H of course wooed me with his sense of humor
  • Jackie, one of my favorite Portugal Pals (we laughed all the way around Porto and back)
  • Susan (the laughing glue that keeps Sparks Hall going!)
...and the guy we can't stop quoting...


And guess what?
He is coming to a theatre near you.


He'll be HERE in just a few months...AND we have tickets!!
WOO HOO!

Our friends Lindsay & Shawn introduced him to us around 2005 & he's been making us laugh ever since. He's hilarious & he doesn't use crude jokes to up his popularity. We saw him perform in Louisville back in 2007 & he was brilliant! Everyone should laugh that hard at least once a year.

Here are a few of our favorites from him:



Who makes you laugh??

3 comments:

It's Me - Jen E! said...

And I see no Michigan listings in Brian's tour schedule.....not.very.nice.

Susan Y. said...

Shara, that is sincerely one of the nicest compliments I've ever received. And I reply, with love, "YOU TOOOOOO!" Thank you! Love, Susan

Gina Ballerina said...

Oh my gosh, Shara, He is so funny...I just listened to those clips and laughed my butt off! Too funny!