Thursday

Thankful Thursday: November 12th

I am thankful from head to toe today
Pondering the sacrifices
By those who are willing to give it all
To Uncle Sam


I am thankful from California's sunny beaches to Rhode Island's rocky coast
Imagining the heartache
By those who were called to fight a war
Saluting Uncle Sam

I am thankful from the highest peak to the deepest valley
Thinking about the losses
By those who sent their brothers, sons, husbands, friends
For Uncle Sam

I am thankful from the farthest distance to the shortest mile
Feeling the energy, given
By those who left cozy homes & loved ones
On behalf of Uncle Sam

I am thankful from my heart to yours
Grateful for the bravery, strength, & courage
By all of our veterans now and then, who have affected all
Who are related to Uncle Sam

Special thoughts of veteran's thanks to my grandpa V. Rex Jackson, my great-uncles Dan Shanklin & Robert Call, my Mom's cousin Larry Call, Trevor's grandDad Scott Lindsey, and several of our friends who are serving with strength today. May you be kept safe and feel the love and appreciation from all of us--we who are safely tucked in the arms of Uncle Sam.

4 comments:

It's Me - Jen E! said...

2 special ones for me that served (and also part of your southern family):
My grandpa (Uncle Robert) served in the Korean War and my dad served in Vietnam.

Sharalea said...

Thank you for reminding me! Duly added to the post :)

Ruth said...

I love this. You always post such inspirational things.

Sharalea said...

Thank you, Ruth!