Thursday

Thankful Thursday: December 3rd

Well here we are--the 3rd of December already...have you embraced the sights & sounds of the season yet?

Or are you, like me, still wondering how it can be day 3 of December--?

This morning I am dizzily spinning around all of the lists dancing around in my head--
holiday treat lists, to-do lists, mailing lists,
packing lists, calendar-ing lists, party lists,
gift (giving) lists, wrapping lists, organizing lists, crafting lists,
cleaning lists, new years lists, appointment lists, wish lists, budgeting lists...

And yet, it is Thankful Thursday that stops the high-power spinning, requests a moment of my time and reminds me of my most important lists--the Thankful ones!

I am thankful for a very low-key and lovely weekend (wrapped with good intentions to get lots of list-items done, of course) wherein Mr. H & I mastered the art of chasing-the-toddler-around-the-apartment and how-to-read-a-book-upside-down (because that's the way J wanted it to be held, and when the toddler says, we jump!).

I am thankful for safe travels by my coastal & island visiting family members (we thought of your warm, sunny retreats every day of our Turkey Weekend!) & for the vacation time that Mr. H was able to enjoy with us.

I am thankful for sweet, soft answers to pleading prayers for my family and for the concerns of my heart. Every time I receive the answers I remember again--oh ya, this works!

I am thankful for a 17 month old whose cuter-than-anything prayer stance makes me emotional every time--he folds his little arms and with reverence bows his little head (all the way to the floor, usually), and claps after we say "Amen."


And with that, I end my thankful list for today...

What's on yours?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the image you made of J in my head of him praying is precious.

Susan Y. said...

That was so sweet, Shara! I am always touched by the complete faith of Aiden's prayers. His prayers are sincere and and heartfelt; he doesn't try to edit or weigh his concerns. "Dear God, please take care of me, Daddy, Mommy, and Nana, and please cure those people with cancer like my teacher's mom, and please watch over Maggie and Polka Dot (our cats) ... Please give me good dreams tonight, and please, please, no homework tomorrow. Please help me be good."

I love how he doesn't pause and sit there and wonder, "What should/can I ask God for?" He knows in his heart that God wants to hear every concern, every thought. I learn more from my sweet little boy than I'll ever be able to teach him.