Thursday

Thankful Thursday: Jan 21st 2010

Today I am thankful for everything.

Our 2 little cars, our compact apartment, the warmth that is included in our rent, Mr. H's job, the food in our pantry, the diapers for our babe, the clothes for our backs, the hot showers, the running water, the absolutely everything-we-need-we-have life that we are experiencing.

It is heartbreaking to think of those who need so badly & have so little.
All over the world
At any given time.

It is overwhelming to think of the pleading prayers from so many
All over the world
At any given time.

This week, especially--it is soul-wrenching to think of the hurting, lost, confused, and hungry
In Haiti
Right Now.

I wish I could do more, say more, send more.
My prayers reach up for them. All of them.

I am thankful for all that I have. I am humbled to read of the lives of the Haitians suffering.
Perhaps one good thing that comes from tragedy is a wake-up call to humanity.

Gratitude for the blessings we have.
A humbling awakening for those of us with our needs met.
And a golden opportunity to give.


What are you thankful for & have you chosen a way to give?

1 comment:

Linda said...

We are planning to give our monthly donation to (LDS) Humanitarian aid to the more specific wheelchair initiative- a chair is about $57 and an all-terrain one is $125. I am profoundly affected by the stories about how a wheelchair changes entire lives- people who had to be carried, or crawled..now can be employed and involved and productive. I have heard so many over the years describe someone as "confined to a wheelchair"
I much love the approach of "enlivened and liberated and included!" because of the wonderful gift of a wheelchair. As with most things, it all depends on your view! And we are talking about working on newborn kits as a Relief Society.