Thursday

Thankful Thursday: Jan 14th 2010

The week rolls around again--
--and we find ourselves face to face
swaying on Thursday swings,
ready to share our thankful thoughts.

From last Thursday to Today, I have been basking in the sunbeams of friendship.

I was blessed to enjoy an afternoon with a dear friend (and she shared her photog secrets with me...mwa ha ha ha!) on my way up to Murray to spend the weekend catching up with many more favorites (thank you to you sweeties who bought me lunches, hosted J & I for the weekend, and made our visits a priority!). And to top it all off: yesterday, J & I played at the park with one of my favorite middle/high school pals & her darling little guy.

I am ever-so thankful for the beautiful, inspiring, strong women who have come in and out of my life through various life experience--and who continue to light my way with their glow. Thank you, friends--for being you & for sharing your lives with me.

I mean, really.
Connecting with friends you haven't seen in awhile.
Doesn't it just make you so grateful?

--------------------
On another note:
I must admit, I didn't sleep so well last night.
My mind was running around the streets of Haiti--
I'm sure yours has ventured there in the last couple of days
My heart goes out to the people who are suffering so much

And I am thankful for those in the world who are stepping up
Sending soldiers, food, water, and relief.


For the rest of us, we can watch with broken hearts
We can offer sincere prayers
And we can donate.

My Church has an amazing system of getting aid to countries in need.
You can read about it here.
And you can donate here.


What's on your Thankful Thursday heart today?


2 comments:

jennie b said...

I am thankful that YOU are in my life! Thank you for being your wonderful, amazing, creative, unique self. You bring joy with you wherever you go! Love you!

SALAD said...

I am thankful for your friendship and for blogs that help us feel close even if it has been a long while since we have talked! I love this blog that is so inspiring and provokes deep gratitude for everything around us. You are so great and I love you and miss you!