Thursday

Thankful Thursday: Jan 7th 2010

Thought: If I type "2010" more often, I will be more convinced of its reality.

So it will be added to my Thankful Thursday date title.

So there.

It's Thankful Thursday, friends.

How has the first week of 2010 treated you?
What's on your thankful list?

I've got a lovely, fluttery list to share:

I am thankful for the extended vacation that I am enjoying with my family in TN
-Thankful for the extra toddler help from Mom, Dad, & Spencer
-Thankful for the delicious dinners that Mom whips up like its no thang
-Thankful for the warm, cozy house and sleeping-in tot (it's 9:51am, he's still asleep)
-Thankful for the mind-relaxing spirit of vacation

I am thankful for a most amazing husband
-Who changed 99.99% of all of the diapers during the first leg of our vacation
-Who brought me breakfast in bed most of those mornings
-Who guarded our boy from all of the non-baby "toys" in both grandparents' houses
-Who buckled in the carseat at 4:30am, just so I wouldn't be rushed on my way to church
-Who we are missing now that he is back to the grind at work in WI

I am thankful for the promise of change that the new year suggests with a zing!
-I am thankful that I can make new decisions to be a happier me
-I am thankful that I can change my perspectives/mindsets to more efficiently accomplish my goals
-I am thankful that I can learn (and re-learn) the importance of consistency, routines, and time management
-I am thankful for the many opportunities in my lap and the ways I get to use them

I am thankful for spiritual nourishment that infuses hope & brightens understanding
-Scripture study
-Personal Prayers
-Sunday Sabbath
-Quiet Time
-Blessings from Obedience

I am thankful.

What's on your list?



*As a side note, I am thankful that my current home is surrounded by mounds of snow, allowing me to bypass all of the disappointment felt by all of the hopeful Middle Tennesseans who were promised 1-3 inches this morning! (And many out of school for nothing!)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am thankful for 9:00 church, a husband who helps with dishes, living close to family, and my son's contagious smile.

Linda said...

I am thankful for electricity, $1 reading glasses, avocados, blinking lights, toys in the attic for the grandkids, hand lotion and lotion treated tissues. Toothbrushes. Feather pillows. And that we could have some after- Christmas guests!