Thursday

Thankful Thursday: November 4, 2010

Four days into November, can you hear it?
Whispers of thanks riding on the cool morning air...
...listen...
the Thanksgiving holiday is near and the mood is shifting
just like the rustle of leaves beneath your feet.

We are at the brink of fall, and it is time.
Time to gather our flocks of family and friends and offer heartfelt thanks.
Many are proclaiming thanks with daily posts on facebook.
Others are using the Thankful Month to up the gratitude quotient on their blogs.
Some are finding small ways to serve that will show charity in its truest form.

What are you doing to focus on the thankful whispers in your soul?

I feel like Thankful Thursday is brighter in November.
Like a gem stone that is sitting in a store--always very special--beautiful and eye-catching
but in November
extra-special lights are turned on, and the colors of each facet are shining
with bold brilliance and sparkle.

It doesn't mean more in November
but it seems to shine more.

  • I am thankful for the little bundle of baby goodness sleeping beside me. After his early morning feeding he usually takes a nice little nap by my side and I love-love-love it!
  • I am thankful for the growing bundle of sweet & crazy energy sleeping down the hall. His sleeping in habits have been greatly appreciated over the last year and a half. I can't say enough about this--I know every kid doesn't sleep so consistently, so I feel grateful-grateful-grateful.
  • I am thankful for the man who kisses me in my sleep. He says goodbye before he leaves, and this morning I didn't say a thing. I was caught up in my dream and couldn't move my lips. I need to send him a text to tell him that I love him.
  • I am thankful for the absolutely amazing weekend we spent in Kentucky. We enjoyed fun surprises, ate good food, enjoyed Halloweeny fun, made lots of visits, took a thousand photos, received countless hugs, and made priceless memories.
  • I am thankful for our families. My family, my in-laws, our friends that we love like family. We feel love & support from them that offers a kind of strength and boost that we can't get anywhere else.
  • I am thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that through our Savior we can grow, stretch, & change. We can be like that sparkling November gem. I feel that need to improve and shine every day.
  • I am thankful for the unplanned, sweet opportunity to share my testimony of the Savior on Sunday after Baby N's baby blessing. I need to take more moments to feel and testify.
  • I am thankful for the extra umph I feel in my day when I take some time for Thankful Thursday. I need that umph, and gratitude is foolproof.
And...this marks my 100th Thankful Thursday post.

~
Thank you for being a part of this weekly ritual...
...on to 101, what thankful whispers are you sharing today?
~

1 comment:

Linda said...

WOW congrats on your 100th Thankful Post! I was thankful they asked you to bear your testimony in Paducah. You are special.