Thursday

Thankful Thursday: March 15, 2012

The clocks are ticking
tic toc
tic toc
tickity tickity toc

To me, it seems like the longer sunlight days 
are playing tricks on us
I have not gone to bed earlier than midnight-thirty this week
and the kids' bedtimes have been atrocious.

We are enjoying a bit of sleeping in, though.
And that is always welcome in my house.

I'm so glad it's Thursday, 
I've got a basket of thankfulness to share...

I'm Thankful For:

-the GORGEOUS weather we've been having 

-our awesome new (to us) swing set that has already brought hours of giggly joy

-our friend who helped Mr. H pick up the above-mentioned swing set (and the new friend who loaned his trailer) and put it together

-spring colors, bunnies, and baskets

-the baby monitor--I've been privy to a dozen hilarious conversations between my boys this week (we got it out when everyone was sick, and I've had it out on my dresser ever since)

-meyer lemon sorbet (it's my dairy-free ice cream option)

-children's books (I'd like to write one someday...for now I read them all day)

-my camera that lets me take photos of my world--I'll be able to look back at them and remember the sweetness of these days

-Mr. H and his hard work for our family (comes home tonight!)

-phone dates with favorite friends (Sunday with K, Monday with L, Tuesday with L, Wednesday with S, & tonight with E)--they give me something fun/rewarding/relaxing to look forward to at the end of the day on weeks when the Mr. is away

-little squawks and squeals from Miss N

-pretty things to make me smile

-big hugs from N (as he wipes his snotty nose on my shoulder...and I don't care one bit!)

-fantastic conversations and learning with J (as he is starting to piece the world together...one letter of the alphabet at a time)

-lazy lunches

-1 hour photo printing service (seriously--isn't that awesome?)

-scheduled date nights (I almost forgot until I saw it on the calendar...that's TOMORROW! Woo hoo!)

-Our loving Father in Heaven whose daily promptings remind me that He is in charge, which offers the best peace possible



What do you think? 
Ready to give some Thanks?

No comments: