Wednesday

Why I Didn't Post Yesterday

Gah! I was doing so great...posting on this blog every day this month for NaBloPoMo 2013.

Until.
Yesterday.

Yesterday I stayed in bed all day long.
ALL DAY.

I ate two pieces of toast and one apple slice.

Today I've been in bed most of the day. I've eaten 1 piece of toast and six apple slices.

I am trying to get a few things done while I've got some ibuprofen induced energy.

Basically, we've got the flu at our house. The kids went through (simultaneously) the stomach flu Sunday/Monday nights. LOTS of laundry to do from that (and a new carpet cleaner--thank you, 24-hour-open WalMart!). What I have is different--the achy, head-spinning, coughing, sweating, grumpy, exhausted thing. I'm pretty miserable. And grumpy. Did I say that already?

Trevor has been home working but also taking care of the clean ups, laundry, food, & general taking care of things for the house/kids while I've been comatose in bed.

Every once and awhile Miss N will toddle her way into our room and climb into bed with me, stick her thumb in her mouth and nuzzle up to my neck. Though touching my skin hurts, I smile and breathe slowly. Her snuggles have such sweet calming power. I am grateful for her.

I am grateful for Trevor (who is at Costco now for food--he's doing tomorrow's non-turkey, turkey day menu) who has kept this house running while I've done nothing (literally. nothing).

I am grateful for our home that gives us a safe and warm haven from the outside cold and which provides a cozy, joyful place for us to make memories.

I am grateful for kind friends and sweet words.

I am grateful for the focus of Thankfullness this week and month. It is one of my favorites.

I think I am out of energy now...back to bed. May you have safe travels and delicious eats with your family and friends tomorrow! Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: