Thursday

A Sure Fire Way To Avoid Consuming Too Many Calories on Thanksgiving

Have the flu.



I have spent most of the last 3 days here: IN BED.

Poor Trevor spent the entire day cooking & cleaning (and kid-caring)...and I could only eat a few bites of the deliciousness. He baked potatoes, made homemade mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, baked a ham, sauteed fancy green beans, and he also made some stuffed breads that I hope are leftover by the time I feel better.

The man did it all, on his own, without any ideas or guidance from me. I don't know how he does it, but I'm grateful.

We all talked about our grateful things around the table tonight (not walking around it, like we did at my parents home, though)--it was heartwarming to hear the kids' lists and share ours. Especially being sick--I'm just grumpy and down.


Nothing like a grateful focus
 to help get things in perspective!



I'm Thankful For:

-our warm home
-the gospel of Christ
-true friends
-cranberry apple juice
-Mr. H's hard work
-temple visits
-matching Sunday coats
-my wonderful brothers & their families
-my awesome parents
-my loving in-laws
-the daily little things that go unnoticed
-the big things that receive fanfare
-the holiday season
-Christmas songs on pandora
-Mr. H's time off work this week (even though we cancelled our Nauvoo plans AND plan B (living room painting)
-My Mom's birthday last week & my Dad's birthday tomorrow
-a clean kitchen
-hot water
-our country
-the accessibility of knowledge and learning
-people who inspire me
-the power of a card in the mail
-my camera
-our cars that happily (most of the time) drive
-an amazing year with hills and valleys and the glue to keep it together in between



Now, I'm going to have one small bite of pumpkin cheese cake and chase it down with some Nyquil


Goodnight.

1 comment:

Linda said...

yum, Nyquil and pumpkin cheesecake!
so so sorry!