Thursday

Thankful Thursday: December 17, 2015

I'm Thankful For:

-Mr. H having a short travel week: WOOHOO!
-boiled eggs
-warm fireplace (can you believe we have NOT turned on our furnace yet this season?)
-the Swedes and their brilliant NoseFrida (nose suction device that causes minimal trauma to littles)
-hot showers
-my incredible circle of friends (did you know one of my friends left her work shift early to come watch my kids when I took Miss A to the Dr. this week? And another of our friends picked up HER kid from school since she was still with my kids at that time? Seriously)
-access to quick appointments at my Dr office
-Miss A's clear lungs! (and a happier baby, despite the ridiculously awful sounding coughs)
-snuggles on the couch
-our kindness elves tradition (they leave notes for us every day with a kindness task!)
-health insurance
-warm towels
-craft time with my crew (everyone gets along and enjoys it--creating elicits JOY!)
-the chance to help a friend
-Mr. H's awesomeness (oh yes I left 3 big kids with him at Church on Sunday when coughing Miss A & I went home to rest)
-elderberry syrup (I feel like Mary Poppins every time I pour some into a spoon)
-quickly healing skin 
-Santa Lucia traditions with Miss N
-fresh bread
-Christmas music (24/7 on mormonchannel.org!)...I think I say that every time in December
-experiences that build up my faith
-my mother's firm example for me
-my body! It's not "perfect" by the world's view but it sure works great for me!
-books
-our backyard haven
-the way I feel when I enter our home
-notes in lunchboxes
-favorite holiday parties (our downtown Holiday Hop & our ward party sometimes coincide and we have a full Saturday of festivities!)
-hot chocolate with favorite friends
-high quality, introspective conversations
-silly conversations
-wrestle matches on the rug
-Mr. N's tenderness with  Miss A
-Mr. J's excitement for one-on-one time
-Miss N's penchant for fashion
-Miss A's pulling on my pants when I'm busy in the kitchen (one of my favorite phases of babyhood)
-our forever family
-my parents
-my heavenly parents
-my Savior, Jesus Christ, whose birth and life offer the brightest, purest kind of love & hope


No comments: