Friday

One Of Those Getting To Know You Lists...Because. Friday.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? 
My name is Shara Lea--which comes from a Swedish phrase, meaning "dear little one". My Dad served a 2 year mission for our church in Sweden and my parents spelled my name phonetically. After growing up not knowing more than 1 other person with my name, I now know several Shara's--including one of my incredible sister-in-laws!

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Hmmm...a couple of days ago when I looked at all four of my babies sitting in a row and I was filled with so much awe and wonder at the reality of my responsibility as their guide, example, teacher, caretaker, and friend.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Sometimes. I don't feel like I'm super consistent.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Ech. Lunch meat isn't my favorite but if I had to choose, it'd be turkey, hands down.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
I have 4 children--almost 5  (8 & under)--which is the most exciting, amazing, humbling, fun, exhausting thing EVER.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I hope so...I think so?

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Not much.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
YES

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
NOPE

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Most granolas fit the bill

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? 

Not typically

12. WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU SAY EVERY DAY?
"Please leave Amelia alone."

"I love you!"
"Let's rewind & start again!"

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Currently: Raspberry cheesecake gelato

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their eyes and the way they carry themselves

15. RED OR PINK?
BOTH! Depends. I used to avoid pink at all costs, until I was in my early 20's and then I embraced it. Both colors are fun.

16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My impertinent impatience...ha!

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
That missing feeling. It depends on what is going on, I think, who I miss. This week I've been thinking of my grandmothers and wishing I had the chance to interact with them as an adult.

18. WHERE IS YOUR DREAM VACATION?

I would love to go to an island where I can sit by the ocean and just BE. Maybe the Azore islands (owned by Portugal)

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Right now?


Pink owl slippers and black stretchy pants

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Noelle (4) explaining to Amelia (18 months) where Minnesota and Michigan are on the US map

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? 

I feel like the color I gravitate toward changes with my mood--right now--probably a light grey.

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
New baby skin, toasted coconut, diesel exhaust + rain (takes me immediately back to the streets in Portugal), fresh mint from the yard/garden in the summer, freshly cut grass, rain, maple syrup warming on the stove

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
The girl at the library who coordinates the homeschool book club (Marta was her name!)

25. EARLY MORNING OR LATE NIGHT?

Late night.
Except for lately...neither. Mama needs her sleep!

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Not much for sports, but I really have enjoyed watching my boys' soccer games this fall!

27. HAIR COLOR?
Naturally brown--currently an ombre look with darker brown & golden

28. EYE COLOR?
Green

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No

30. FAVORITE FOOD?
This is always changing for me.
Currently: sushi

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings. Forever.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Pete's Dragon (the new one)...it was fun!

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Grey

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
I really do appreciate winter, as long as I have cozy socks, blankets, sparkly lights, and music!

35. HUGS OR KISSES?
There is something just fabulous about a good hug!

37. BATH or SHOWER?

Ahhhh. I love a nice epsom salt bath!

38. RUN, BIKE, or SWIM?

Swim! Hands. Down.

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Simplified Parenting

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
The Eiffel tower

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Chicago Med

42. FAVORITE SOUND?

My children's laughter

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Germany

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I enjoy public speaking

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Provo, Utah

47. WHERE DO YOU LIVE NOW?

Michigan! 4 months now...

48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
We lived in the same apartment complex in Provo, Utah - but we were friends for a long time before there were any fireworks. 


49. PENCIL, PEN, or MARKER?
Marker. Sharpie preferably

50. WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR DINNER LAST NIGHT?
Chicken pot pie, salad, and a chocolate bar from the Halloween stash that I still need to get OUT OF THIS HOUSE



11.04.2016


Every day in November!  NaBloPoMo: National Blog Posting Month. Write a post on your blog every day in November. After a really massive break in my blogging, this will be the 4th year (not in a row, clearly), I've decided to tackle this challenge & enjoy the opportunity to switch to writing mode. I  have actually been looking forward to this for awhile--because I really do enjoy writing and don't make time to do it enough! Want to join me? Leave your blog link in the comments so I can follow you too! Or not. Does anyone follow blogs anymore? 



No comments: