Thursday

Thankful Thursday: November 10, 2016

I'm Thankful For:

-dance parties with my 4
-swirly leaves in our backyard
-our backyard
-our country and all the GOOD it stands for
-Miss A's favorite little mice "wee wee wee" all day long--she loves them!
-Miss N's pride in the letters she is mastering (H, O, N, L, E, D are her latest favorites)
-Mr N's excitement for making paper hats (we've got quite the collection)
-Mr J's love for soccer (he is on his 2nd soccer ball--first one got worn out and popped right open!)--all day, errrday
-the freedom to learn and adventure and question and experience together
-cozy socks
-all the wintery pajamas that we just got out of the bins!
-chevron stripes
-my new side table
-clean clothes
-a warm bed
-my husband's job--not the favorite he's ever had, not the easiest schedule, not the most affirming or fulfilling, but it's a job that provides for our family's needs and wants--and he is home most nights (but not last night, and that's ok too!)
-the opportunities I had in Minnesota to expand my skill set, be involved in an encouraging & forward-moving community of birth workers, and receive top notch trainings
-our Michigan home and the memories we are making here
-the chance to begin.again.
-my Mom (and our regular phone chats!)
-my mother-in-law...who raised her son to be strong, hard working, and dedicated
-raspberry cheesecake gelato that will be in my belly tonight...
-the big tub in my bathroom--it's the only way to DO pregnant, seriously.
-our new baby...that still surprises me when I wake up in the morning to his moves & wiggles (I know, 8 months in and I should be used to the idea, but I'm just being honest, I'm not!)
--our country and all the GOOD it stands for
-the opportunity to vote
-the opportunity to give a new president a chance, even if he's not your favorite person
-the chance to teach our children valuable life lessons--from the good, and the bad--kindness begins with me!

11.10.16

Every day in November!  NaBloPoMo: National Blog Posting Month. Write a post on your blog every day in November. After a really massive break in my blogging, this will be the 4th year (not in a row, clearly), I've decided to tackle this challenge & enjoy the opportunity to switch to writing mode. I  have actually been looking forward to this for awhile--because I really do enjoy writing and don't make time to do it enough! Want to join me? Leave your blog link in the comments so I can follow you too! Or not. Does anyone follow blogs anymore? 

No comments: