Friday

Another Getting To Know You List...because, Friday

1. What is your middle name?: Lea. There is a Swedish phrase that sounds like my first and middle names together, but also, one of my mother's favorite friends was Lea (which I recently found out was short for Azalea, which is one of my favorite would-be baby girl names!)
2. What was favorite subject at school?: English, for sure--I love learning to write well and reading thought provoking, inspiring books. (I also loved drama, Latin, Spanish, and history)
3. What is your favorite drink?: I have been drinking lemon-honey tea every morning these days to start off the chilly  mornings--so good. Mostly I love water. And lemonade in the summer!
4. What is your favorite song at the moment?: I don’t have a favorite song, but I'm one of those people who get an early start on Christmas music...yes I am. :)
5. What is your favorite food?: I love all.good.food. And it really depends on my mood. Today is windy cool--perfect for soup (my red lentils are soaking as I type)
6. What is the last thing you bought?: The last thing I bought was a set of baby gown sleepers--I'm trying to build up my cozy baby collection, (since I gave away most of our new baby boy clothes a couple of years ago)...almost 3 weeks to go!
7. Favorite book of all time?: Oh man. That's a hard one. I think I'm going to have to say Les Miserables.
8. First car?: My first car was a little red Dodge something...two door, hatch back, I loved it.
9. Do you have any pets?: We are currently pet-less. Pre-kids we had a deaf, white, grouchy cat named Marshmallow. I don't know that we'll ever have an indoor pet like that again...just fish.
10. Favorite Perfume?: I stopped wearing perfume a few years ago...these days I just dab a blend of oils and call it good.
11. Favorite Holiday?: All holidays have some magic, nostalgia, and fun to them, right? Thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorites.
12. Are you married?: YES! We hit 12 years in August. Which seems so...wild. And awesome. And wild.
13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?: I have been to Mexico (when I was 9) and Canada (when I was 20, then recently with the family), and I lived in Portugal (2002-2004) where I also temporarily touched down in both Spain, France, & Germany, then returned to Portugal (2008) with my husband. We are hoping to travel internationally again before too long!
14. Do you speak any other language?: Obviously, I am fluent in English. I am also fluent in Portuguese, and was once fluent in Spanish--I can still read it and understand it--but when I try to speak it, it comes out Portu-Spanish, which is just silly. I am pretty sure I can solve that problem with some study and work.
15. How many siblings do you have?: I have 3 younger brothers, who I think are just amazing, brilliant, incredible people.
16. What is your favorite shop?: Hmmm...it depends on what I'm looking for, right? And I do so much online shopping now. So. What. Amazon? lol
17. Favorite restaurant?: My favorite restaurant is in Minnesota and called Axel's Bonfire. I'm sure I'll find a favorite in Michigan, but we haven't been out enough to find it yet!
18. When was the last time you cried?: Earlier today. You know, as a parent, there are all kinds of reasons to worry and wonder about your children's challenges and successes. Worry never helps, but sometimes crying gets it out.
19. Favorite Blog?: I used to keep up with this blog, my family blog, and follow SO MANY BLOGS. Now I really don't.
20. Favorite Movie?: I'm not much of a movie person...but I really loved the newest Cinderella.
21. Favorite TV shows?: I don't watch TONS of TV either (we don't have cable or local TV, anyway), but my most recent likings: Sherlock, Call the Midwife, Poldark, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, Chicago Med, & Home Fires
22. PC or Mac?: Mac
23. What phone do you have?: Samsung Galaxy S7
24. How tall are you?: 5’3 1/2″
25. Can you cook?: Yes, I can cook...but I usually prefer baking.


11.11.16
Every day in November!  NaBloPoMo: National Blog Posting Month. Write a post on your blog every day in November. After a really massive break in my blogging, this will be the 4th year (not in a row, clearly), I've decided to tackle this challenge & enjoy the opportunity to switch to writing mode. I  have actually been looking forward to this for awhile--because I really do enjoy writing and don't make time to do it enough! Want to join me? Leave your blog link in the comments so I can follow you too! Or not. Does anyone follow blogs anymore? 

No comments: