Tuesday

"Mama said there'd be days like this..."

"...there'd be days like this, my Mama said."

Ok so the newlyfresh glitter & glam of the move has worn off--

--at least for today.

I don't usually complain on this bloggity blog...but...

It's been a rough one.

The day started early with an electric outage (and then came on again), leaving all of the electric lit clocks a-blinking. I'm going to blame everything that happened on the annoying BLINK of those numbers.

You know...12:00
blink
blink
blink
blink

There wasn't anything more annoying than that...

until:

  • I realized how cold it was (60-something in our apt) and chose to stay in my warm bed instead of start the day at a decent hour
  • the babe found my stash of extra TP rolls and commenced a paper party
  • I got dressed & ready to go only to realize the babe needed some solid food & a nap...couldn't leave the house yet
  • I couldn't find the GPS
  • I couldn't for the life of me get into our key-entry-only mail box
  • I *almost* went the wrong way on a one-way street (twice)
  • The store was out of the good deal coupon item that I was there for
  • I *almost* hit a car that I didn't see parked on the side of the road
  • I found the GPS, right where Mr. H said it was...just minutes after I got home
  • I unwrapped my newly acquired photo frame...but couldn't get the sticky sticker off of the glass
  • The wrapping from said frame *almost* caught on fire since I was working on that project a wee bit too close to the lit candle
  • Mr. H had a social engagement for the evening with his new work pals...leaving me at home without adult interaction for even *more* hours of the day
  • I felt alone and sad to be in a place so far from familiar
  • My favorite pair of jeans has a hole too large to repair (on the rear)
  • I *might* have a scar under my eye from a certain small person's finger nail attack
  • On the first day that I have felt very glad that we will only be here for six months, Mr. H comes home to inform me that we most definitely have no definite guarantee for pretty much any kind of time frame (meaning: it is more likely than not that we will be here longer than 6 months=Wisconsin winter)


*sigh*

So we all have down days, right?
It's been a challenging day...tomorrow WILL be better!


NOW, I will endulge in freshly baked brownies and vanilla ice cream...


What do you do to cheer yourself up when you are having a down day?

8 comments:

janae said...

Oh baby, do I understand! I usually feel better after a good nights rest. And reading scriptures. :)

Sharalea said...

Just woke up--pretty good night o' rest (crazy dreams, though!) and had some quality scripture reading before bedtime last night...today will be better!

Jen and Joe. said...

The next time I see some snow shoes in your size, maybe I should grab them. Snow shoes make everything better in the winter.

I am speaking from personal experience.

Sharalea said...

If the prediction comes true (being here through winter), we will definitely be in the market for all things snow shoe-ish! I am completely oblivious to what this kind of winter really means!!

Anonymous said...

my favorite scripture in the Book of Mormon.. "and it came to pass.."

i hope your week turns better with every day!

Linda said...

Eat, Pray, Breathe...
I pick up 25 things really quick.
I play music that makes me smile.
I remember that 'this too shall pass'
I count the blessings I know I have.

I try to think of the flip side/or good thing ( silver lining..)

if none of that works,NAP.

It's Me - Jen E! said...

I do believe a Wisconsin winter is worse than a Michigan weather (sorry - but I have never been able to say that to someone before. We've always been the ones with the bad winters) So - I can totally commiserate with you say, somewhere in late November!
Look for snowsuits now - last years clearance!!!

Carter's Mommy said...

But think of how much fun you and Baby J are going to have building snowmen, snowangels, throughing snowballs at Trevor when he gets home from work...you'll find a way to make it work and enjoy it. Promise!