Thursday

Thankful Thursday: March 11, 2010

Last night as I walked down the church stairs and to my car, the atmospheric changes caused me to smile with little girl glee--it was raining.

And foggy.

Two weather patterns that are so familiar to me, they just make me feel *at home*.

Because of course, they are typical conditions in the South (aka: Original Home Sweet Home), and I hadn't walked through either of them in months & months...this made my little heart happy. And my skin too--I held my hands out to absorb as much of the thick humid air as possible. I felt the foggy goodness on my face and marveled at how a few rain drops & densely humid air could make me so happy.

It's the little things, I thought.

The little things, that if we notice them, give us a chance to smile--revel in the moment--and be thankful.

I am thankful for the rainy night & day that have been washing away muckity snow. I am thankful for itsy bitsy hints of spring that promise bright yellows, intense greens, and soft purples of tomorrow.

(Truth be told, I am a bit naive & my local friends tell me there will likely be another snow storm before it's all said and done. ARG. I'm choosing to ignore that possibility. Because I can.)

I am thankful for the fresh pineapple sitting on my kitchen counter...the sweet nectar inside just sings of sunshine and warmth...and I'm-a-gonna EAT IT UP. Sunshine songs and all.

I am thankful for dental insurance (even if it's not the best in the world), to help cover costs of Mr. H's 3 re-done fillings yesterday. Apparently fillings only last so long. Who knew?

I am thankful for the lessons in patience that I am learning every day; both the toddler-given lessons, and the not-knowing-whats-next kind of lessons...you know, like, when we're going to move & where we'll be moving to. I'm a planner--so these kinds of lessons aren't easy for me to work through. But I'm thankful.

I am thankful for exemplar friends who inspire me by their achievements, their attitudes, & their daily fabulousness.

I am thankful for the pink-and-green wreath on my front door (50% off!) that reminds me to smile--even at the little things.


Got a little thing to smile about TODAY?





3 comments:

Linda said...

Let's see a picture of that wreath!
I took down my Christmas tree this week, AND today I saw crocus growing - BUDDING ! in the back yard. Apparently it really is sort of almost spring!

Ruth said...

rain always takes me back to walking down the streets of Portugal soaking wet with a broken umbrella - but there's something sweet there too. Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

love your new bloggity picture...beautiful girl!