Thursday

Thankful Thursday: April 1st, 2010

There will be no Thankful Thursday today.

JUST KIDDING

April Fool's, right?

HA.

Ok it wasn't that funny or sneaky, but it's all I got.

So, goodbye March & hello APRIL.

I'm not sure how that time transfer happened so fast (how is it that we're always waiting for something & then time passes us by?), but I am ready for some greenery around here. The snow has been melted for several weeks (all thanks to a rather "mild Wisconsin Winter") and the sun has been peeking out in three-day shifts. I'll take what I can get.

So, 'fess up: is sunshine on YOUR thankful list?

I hope wherever you are that you have had some sun--even if it was last week or the week before--or maybe tomorrow. We all know it, right? "The sun will come out...tomorrow..."

I am thankful for 10 people who have influenced my world in the last week:

1. Trevor: for waking up several times last night to soothe a crying, snotty-nosed toddler (pitiful)
2. Dana: for having a birthday & giving us all a reason to celebrate & share some girl time last night
3. Leesa: for watching J last weekend so 'the boys' could go watch some basketball & eat some wings (and for being my partner in Who Hair, as in many other WI adventures...)
4. Sue: for showering me with compliments on my last Sunday of teaching RS
5. Katie & Marsha: for sending a fabulous package our way for both Easter & my Feb. birthday (that turned a frustrating Monday morning into a very exciting one!)
6. Heather: for inviting us over to decorate cupcakes on Monday (even making an extra effort to use an egg-free recipe) & inspiring us all to become superwomen!
7. Annamae: for being the most easy-going VT-ee ever, and for teaching me that *just doing* is better than all the glorious plans of *doing perfectly*
8. J: for reminding me about the littlest joys in life (like ducks, puppies, and swings)
9. Amy: for reminding me of how excited we should all be for this upcoming Conference weekend (though she'll be in there in PERSON for the first time--so that is super duper exciting)
10. Ben: who left me a message saying he'll be only 3 hours away for a business trip next week & who wants to come for a visit--yay for surprise visits with family!

Are there people who have added sunshine to your life this week?



4 comments:

It's Me - Jen E! said...

The SUN is actually adding sunshine to my week (70 today and predicted 80 tomorrow - woot!)

Dan - for making scrumptious breakfasts and dinners this week.

Arianna - for thanking us repeatedly for taking her to her first concert last weekend.

Jared - for taking 1st place in his science olympiad competition last Saturday AND for making the honor roll this quarter.

William - for being his cute, adorable self...and for announcing to everyone we passed in the store last night "Hi...I shoppin' with Momma" - man, I love that kid!

Lauren - for having a birthday and giving us 'girls' a reason to have a night out.

And, I am sure there are lots more - it's been a 'sunny' week....but those are definitely the toppers.

Happy Easter!!!!

Linda said...

One day this week, Dad, knowing I was stressed, asked me where I would like to go watch the sunset. We drove out to the lake/boatramp and he read me ...till I fell asleep. Then we split a philly cheesesteak from a market, and sort of watched the sunset. I admit it is hard to really find a good sunset in Tennessee sometimes...all the trees.

Sunday, I took myself to a local church...presentation by a sculptor who sculpts the head of Christ from a lump of ( head shaped) clay to music in 26 minutes. We were to just be pondering and leave quietly. I loved it.

Susan Y. said...

You! Thank you for the wonderful card! It has been fun, unpacking boxes & seeing things we'd forgotten we had. We're preparing for a yard sale, too. It's incredible, being in our own home again.

I'm also thankful for sunshine and budding trees, and returning strength. I'm thankful our land line was installed - we feel more connected now to the outside world.

I'm also thankful that when the telephone man knocked on the door yesterday (and I immediately prayed for wisdom from the Lord about whether or not I should open the door - was home alone), the Lord answered my prayer immediately. I timidly opened the door, and the man (in his telephone company shirt - which anyone could have worn, as the emails always tell us) promptly took a couple steps back and asked quietly, "Have you been sick, ma'am?" I tried hard not to laugh; there was no doubt that this man was NOT going to do me any harm. :) (I was pale as a ghost and rather tottery on my feet, apparently.) I thought it was funny at least! :)

Love you guys!

JosephJ said...

Of course there are!

For example, I'm thankful for Blake for figuring out how to sleep for 4-5 hour stretches at night, which enables me to be thankful for...

Jen for trying to be so chipper, cheerful, and optimistic about learning how to be a new mom again for the first time along with the assistance of...

Mom, who arrives tomorrow night, and will be a HUGE help in providing attention to the boys when Jen needs a rest or a shower or a walk down the street only hearing the sounds of...

The spring birds which have arrived and are quite pleasant to have as company in the neighborhood as opposed to the bleak caw of the crows who ushered us into the fall.

Add to that the five generous women who prepared meals this week so Jen didn't have to go into the kitchen, and the family with five boys who took Ian today to picnic and romp in the woods, and it feels nice to benefit from other's kindnesses. (And we had my MIL here last week to fill in gaps while Jen was so sore and achy.)

...Oh, and I'm glad my supervisor at work stepped in to really help me out on a deadline for yesterday, because THAT was feeling like a heavy burden to me.