Thursday

Thankful Thursday: August 5, 2010

Ah, sweet August, you have arrived!

I see you brought with you sweltering days,
thundering-humid nights,
& the promise of last-minute summer relays.

While many are rushing to soak up the sun
at their last-but-not-least vacation locations,
you can find me indoors--drinking water with lemon.

As you know, dear August, I am not a fan
of sun-glaring shine, sweat-soaked shirts, and 3 digit temps
my dislike is stronger as I carry my 'little man'.

Don't get me wrong, I like you ok
It's all that heat & humidity
That keeps me inside

So here's to you and all the happy outings
enjoying your days
You'll find me with fans, ice, and flip flops...

...39 weeks and counting!



I couldn't resist. I had to write a little somethin' somethin' to August.

I should have written it about my new toddler anxieties...
...or my fears about my choice to have this August baby naturally
...or how I feel about 1/2 of my 30th year being swept beneath my feet--

*shudder*

You can see why I chose to focus on the heat. It is clearly the August variable I have the least control over (besides the time table of my Little Bun)...

...control. Hm. I definitely don't have control over most things these days but I do have control over my thanksgiving. Thank Goodness!

*grin*

I am thankful for Mr. H who got up early to do the dishes that I chose to ignore last night.

I am thankful for Toddler J who is teaching me what NOT to say around him.

I am thankful for a mostly-good night of sleep ALL ALONE IN our bed (thank you, Mr. H for sleeping on the couch, again, so I can sleep better!)

I am thankful for time with friends this week and strong women whose examples are worth more than 100 pounds of chocolate.

I am thankful for blackberry pomegranate yogurt--try some, it will not disappoint!

I am thankful for morning rustling sounds--the lawn being mowed, the laundry being spun, the toddler being entertained (by himself in his bed).

I am thankful for these last precious days of our little family o' three--and the next first precious days of our four person bunch.

I am thankful for the blessings that pop up whether we're watching or not--





What's shining for you on this August morn'?

No comments: