Wednesday

Thankful Thursday: December 9, 2010

~Ahhh Thursday~
How do I love thee?

I love that thy mere presence reminds me kindly of the quickly passing week
and nudges me back on track by offering sweet moments of clarifying refection.

Reflection in Thankful hues

...deep reds, rich purples, flirty pinks, & little boy blues...

I am thankful for the RED suited, jolly man that makes Toddler J squeel with holiday delight
I am thankful for the RED blinking lights that invite a festive feel
I am thankful for the RED side of the quilt that Toddler J insists should be face down to keep him cozy & warm
I am thankful for my new RED slippers that keep my toes toasty
I am thankful for RED peppermint yummies in my tummy & shared with on vt visits
I am thankful for the RED marker that I used to teach my sharing time lesson on Sunday
I am thankful for my RED coat that I bought last October in Boston--it is perfect for these super cold temps (single & negative digits, folks!)
~
I am thankful for the PURPLE shirt I wore all day yesterday, baby battle stains & all
I am thankful for the PURPLE puffalump that was the perfect pillow for my little girl me
I am thankful for my PURPLE toothbrush, it serves me well
I am thankful for the PURPLE crayon that is fabulously washable...incredibly easy to get off walls this week!
I am thankful for the PURPLE fabric nativity that reminds us of the reason for the season
I am thankful for the PURPLE in my couches, hides kid cleanups so nicely!
I am thankful for the PURPLE sparkling ornaments dangling daintily, adding simple beauty to our home as we enjoy this season of celebration
~
I am thankful for my PINK toenail polish that makes me feel cuter than I really am
I am thankful for PINK socks that I put on my ears during "pretend to be an animal" play time this week
I am thankful for PINK baby cheeks that are creamy-soft next to mine
I am thankful for PINK toddler lips that sing songs like "Tinkle Tinkle Little Star, How Ah Wonder Are...Up A-Buh-Buh-Buh-Buh-High...Lak Uh Daimund In Thuh Skyyyy..."
I am thankful for PINK berries in my freezer from summer jam sessions made by my Dad
I am thankful for the PINK pillow that comes with me every time I go to the hospital
I am thankful for the PINK broach that I wore to book club this week (was it my great-grandmothers?)
~
I am thankful for BLUE blankets pulled up to my chinny-chin-chin, keeping me warm and cozy as I cuddle with my littlest darling
I am thankful for the BLUE car in our garage that carries Mr. H safely from home to site visit and back home again (with cruise control, might I add...)
I am thankful for the BLUE outlined baby swing that sways breaks of happiness for everyone involved
I am thankful for the sky BLUE inquisitive eyes with which my Toddler J asks me questions like "Done? Time Out?" and "Mama, You OK?" and "More Cheese Pweese?" and "Wanna hold Beebee?"
I am thankful for the wide, alert baby BLUE eyes that seem to brighten my day almost instantly
I am thankful for the handsomely framed BLUE eyes that look at me with admiration I often don't deserve
I am thankful for the BLUE December skies that give a sense of majesty and wonder
~

I am thankful, and colorfully blessed.
~


Which thankful hues are you reflecting today?

3 comments:

Emily said...

Beautiful and real, as always. Have a lovely December!

JosephJ said...

Ditto on the baby cheeks. They are so wonderful to snuggle against.

I guess I'm thankful for white light that wakes me in the mornings, the red fleece under the red quilt under the red comforter that keep me warm at night. Even for the pink hot water bottle that makes a nice end of the day bed warmer.

Oh, and our green Christmas tree shines pretty nicely in our living room and brings a spirit of cheer. And Ian's brown "fuzzy pants" (fleece) which slip and slide across Jen's new (to us) brown leather furniture set. Thinking in colors makes things a little easier!

I also like feeding Blake his mushy green vegetables on a tiny baby spoon. :)

Linda said...

let's see.
I really do love color...and that I am not color blind.
( Don't forget Spencer also has green eyes! )