Monday

Toddler Tales: Post Holiday

We are home from our holiday vacation and I've got a pocket full of toddler tales.

While in Kentucky, toddler J added a few new words to his vocabulary:

-biscuit (I guess we've only had "rolls" at home, these were the real deal: made by J's great-grandmother)
-britches (he didn't believe me when I said they are the same as pants when he insisted he "get his britches on" as his grandfather had suggested)
-bubba (the name almost everyone called Mr. H)

While in Tennessee, toddler J added a few new words to his vocabulary:

-pepparkakor (Swedish gingersnap cookies--J's grandfather served his mission in Sweden)
-Nathan's toy (ummm still working on this concept)
-tree house (the same one I played in as a kid, in it's third location (fourth?) and not really in a tree)

---

One night when Mr. H was getting into bed in our guest room, J (who was already asleep in the pack n' play) let out some gas. In the middle of his sleep, he groggily said out loud: "eckoos me..."

(Yes, I have been teaching Toddler J to say "excuse me" when he has gas, what a reward to know he will even say it in his sleep!)

---

One evening several of us (including my cousin who is a Navy-tough guy) were learning how to knit hats (using plastic round looms). J walked casually into the room and says in a loud voice: "What's going on in here!?"

---

On our drive home we sang some songs to pass the time. One of the songs the children sing at Church has the line "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam". It's a favorite for the young kids because the tune is so much fun to sing. Toddler J enthusiastically sang along "Jesus wants me for a SUNBEEP!" I responded with the correct "sunBEAM", and his next attempt turned out: "SunBEAN!"

---

This morning Toddler J was setting up his NEW train tracks in the kitchen. He decided he needed to go get another toy to join the fun so he explained: "Trains--stay right here, go an' get dinosaur." He walked away and returned with his NEW dinosaur. As he walked back in he said with contentment: "Good job waiting, Trains."


4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, those are some great toddler tales. I especially like how he praised his trains for waiting!

Anonymous said...

cute, cute, cute!

Linda said...

tree house. 3rd location. first was REALLY in a tree ( that the wind mysteriously screwed out of the ground, picked up and laid down, a weeping willow!) And at least its...with a tree, by a tree, and shaded, right?! I loved having the grandboys play in it.

Kendra said...

Adorable! I love that he said excuse me for passing gas in his sleep. Hilarious!