Thursday

Thankful Thursday: February 10, 2011


It's 10:24 am: would you be interested in knowing what the temperature is outside?
-3 (NEGATIVE THREE)

And the wind chill?

-15 (NEGATIVE FIFTEEN)

Can you imagine what it must have been at midnight? 3am? 6am?

*sheesh*

I'm seeing on the news that a whole bunch of us are bundled up in the same extra cold snap.
Hope you're cozy at your house.

I will be cuddling close to my little ones today, just because I can.
Winter will pass us by as we play trains & bake chocolate treats...isn't that what it's all about anyway?

I'm Thankful, That's For Sure

Extra, Extra! Read All About It:

  • for the extra insulation that Mr. H added around our not-working fireplace that was otherwise spewing forth negative cold air
  • for the extra sweet friend who picked up Toddler J for an afternoon of fun at her house which allowed me to have the best nap of my life
  • for the extra hours of sleep I enjoyed this morning (to tell you the truth, both babes are still slumbering right now--while this used to be my normal, it has not been so for the past many moons)
  • for the extra surprise pizza that Mr. H brought home last night (my favorite: pineapple & ham!)
  • for the extra special toddler prayer that I was blessed to listen to last night (first after a long time of prayer strike, or something like it, from him)
  • for the extra cozy blankets we have piled up in our house (oh yes, we are blanket-full!)
  • for the extra cuddles we have been given with our sick Baby N (fever lasted 4 days: pitiful)
  • for the extra assurance of sweet prayers and blessings for our sick baby boy
  • for the extra time I have been able to dedicate to my birthday project (aka finishing a class I started a year ago)
  • for the extra umph I receive from personal scripture time
  • for the extra calls/emails/fb messages that lifted me up during a week of being Mama Nurse for Sick Baby Boy
  • for the extra love and peace I feel when I center myself on the truest forms of love



Any Extras* In Your Thursday Thanks?



*After reading it so many times, does the word EXTRA just seem strange to you now, or is it just me?

1 comment:

Linda said...

for the comfort of knowing who is in charge. When things seem out of order.