Thursday

Thankful Thursday: November 24, 2011

The house is quiet...
...but it won't be for very long.

Around our house, the snow is melted 
besides the smallest piles over there and underneath...
and there is a spirit of joy in the air.

Joy that comes when we take some time off
to be with cherished family & friends
to work on projects
to enjoy the moments
and to count our
many
blessings.

One.By.One.



I'm Thankful For:

-My responsible, hard working, loves-me-sweetly Mr.--I'm so grateful for the opportunity to enjoy the ride of this life's journey by his side


-My energetic, creative, inquisitive, smart, & funny J--this boy entered my life & made me 'Mother', and he's been keeping me on my toes ever since!


-My darling, growing, curious, wide-eyed, waddle-walking N--this boy taught me how to enjoy sweet baby cuddles to the fullest and continues to woo me with his charm!


-My small, growing, moving-jumping-punching, soon-to-join us baby A--I am getting excited to meet her and fall in love all over again!


-My family--my parents, my brothers, my sister-in-laws, my aunts, my uncles, my cousins, my grandparents long gone...each plays an integral role in my life and who I am/who I am becoming. 


-My in-laws--my children's grandparents, aunts, uncles, great-grands & more...they have loved me into their lives and I am blessed to be a part of their family tree.


-My friends--here, there, everywhere. From way back then all the way to my newest of new friends here in Minnesota...they build me up, listen to me, give of their time & lives to make mine better.


-Our big blessings--Mr. H's job, the opportunity for me to stay home with the babies, our working vehicles, the comforts in our home, a full pantry, room to grow, and enough to share.


-Our (sometimes seemingly) small blessings--hot & running water, toilet paper, fluffy pillows, nutella, nail clippers, brooms, pacifiers,  photos, wifi, and all the rest...


-My adventures in Thankful Thursday (that began 3 years ago--one fine Thanksgiving Day) that continue to change the way I perceive my week and pull me to a higher plateau.


-Our opportunities--to live freely, to choose for ourselves, to act & learn, to expand & grow, to love, to lose, to change.


-The One and Only who has given ALL THINGS--none of these listed above are even "mine" but they are given. Gifts from a Father in Heaven who sees me as His own. I am Thankful to Him for the daily blessings and the ones I don't even recognize. We are blessed.


And so are you.



Happy Thanksgiving--
may your day be beautiful & bright
filled with quality family & friends
delicious eats & sweets
and most of all... a grateful heart.



2 comments:

It's Me - Jen E! said...

Happy Thanksgiving to your beautiful family!

Linda said...

thankyou for reminding me every week to think of things I am thankful for. it helps alot. I am glad you started this!