Sunday

We Do It All For The Samples

Our (loud) dishwasher is a'swishing,
the kids are finally done with all the bedtime requests
(I need to tell you something...I need some more water...I need to go to the bathroom again...)
and Mr. H is catching up with his mother (and they love to get riled up over politics).

I scoot back in the chair at the round white table and I think about the day--from the morning rushing around (and curling Miss N's hair), to the busy-ness of the Church day (and Miss A refusing to go to nursery--what!?), to the afternoon getting home rush (and Mr N's gleefully choosing our late lunch eats), to the evening walk (and Mr J's creative observations of the shapes of the fall tinted trees), to the dinner chatter (and Mr. H's jokes that keeps everyone in giggles).



And I feel so tired.
And I feel so grateful for the little moments.

Figuring out the balance and dance of getting through the daily ev.ery.thing. feels like one big, special, ridiculously exhausting event--peppered with the most savory tasty morsels. Like the samples at Costco.

Which we all love the most.
Right?

So we'll go to bed feeling worn out from all of it...and we'll do it again in the morning, from the morning rush to the bedtime blusters. Because, those tasty morsels of sweet connecting with the ones we cherish the most--they are always worth it.




11.06.2016


Every day in November!  NaBloPoMo: National Blog Posting Month. Write a post on your blog every day in November. After a really massive break in my blogging, this will be the 4th year (not in a row, clearly), I've decided to tackle this challenge & enjoy the opportunity to switch to writing mode. I  have actually been looking forward to this for awhile--because I really do enjoy writing and don't make time to do it enough! Want to join me? Leave your blog link in the comments so I can follow you too! Or not. Does anyone follow blogs anymore? 



No comments: