Thursday

Thankful Thursday: November 26th

I am absolutely pleased-as-punch to officially announce
one full year*
of Thankful Thursdays.

I have to say, my heart is full. I feel overwhelmed by the many blessings I am thankful for--and even more so for the ways that actually thinking of and creating these posts every week has changed me and broadened my perspective.

"I have come to the conclusion that our level of gratitude --
for the people, things, events, and circumstances in our lives--
in some way defines who we are and how connected we allow ourselves to be with the Divine."
~From The Original Thankful Thursday Post, 1 year ago today

My goal was to increase my gratitude quotient, to recognize the daily miracles, to enhance my connections with people I love, and to strengthen my relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ and God the Father.

It is difficult to measure these things, and definitely inappropriate to compare them with others. The best we can do is how it is done...and finding ways to make our best --really the best-- that is how we progress.

I have found that my most worthy goals can go unreached and untouched unless I have a checklist, map, or visible list. Thankful Thursdays have provided such visible mapping, and I am grateful.

Thank you for being a part of this experiment, I hope you have added Thankful thoughts to your own weekly checklists along the way.


I will close this commemorative Thanksgiving post with 10 of my favorite (in no particular order) Thankful Thursdays:














And my top 10 Thanks for this special Turkey-Eatin' Day:


-The gospel of Jeusus Christ, which offers me answers and opportunities to change

-My very handsome (just got home from playing flag football) Mr. H

-Our little J, who brightens EVERY day

-Our families, who offer unrestrained love & support

-The necessities: Trevor's job, insurance, our apartment, 2 cars that work

-Our beautiful, free country

-Dear, sweet, thoughtful, very awesome FRIENDS

-The opportunity I had to live and serve as a missionary in Portugal (the experiences and memories are woven into my everyday life)

-Healthy bodies. Mine. His. And little his.

-Hope. The vital hope we hold on to as we navigate our journeys.



May you each enjoy the special memories of your Thankful Thursday TODAY with your loved ones, around that feasting table. Happy Thanksgiving, Y'all!






*I recognize that, according to my sidebar list of topics, I have logged 48 Thankful Thursdays. I am pretty sure there are more than 47 Thursdays in a year...so I have decided to keep posting TT posts to make sure I get all of them with this next year!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

This is so wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing!